|Number of films:||938|
|Vivid Entertainment Videos|
Vivid Entertainment Group is the world's largest adult video producer, featuring a popular catalog of VHS and DVD titles and internet content. In 2006 it was described by Reuters as one of the handful of studios that dominate the U.S. porn industry.
Vivid specializes in high-production-value movies, shot in exotic locations with professional lighting and quality cinematography. Vivid also produces gay porn movies under the names "Vivid Man" and "Vivid Video."
In the past, Vivid has had a strict policy mandating condom use, and the sexual activities shown are generally "milder" than those of Vivid's competitors. Scenes of bondage are rare and particularly mild. Vivid did not follow the path taken by much of the rest of the U.S. porn industry in the late 1990s toward more explicit and extreme activities. Intercourse almost always involves a heterosexual couple. These policies are intended to appeal to a wide, mainstream market (including women and heterosexual couples) that may not rent or buy pornographic movies frequently. Vivid now produces many G/G films.
In February 2006 Vivid made its first foray into Alt porn with the signing of Director Eon McKai and the formation of the Vivid-Alt imprint. Vivid-Alt in turn hired erotic photographers— Dave Naz and Octavio "Winkytiki" Arizala to direct features for the imprint.
The first film directed by Eon McKai under that imprint "Girls Lie" was nominated for a 2007 AVN Award under the Best Director Non-Feature. There were a total 13 nominations for various Vivid-Alt imprint releases.
In March 2007 Vivid signed award-winning author, columnist, editor and sex educator Tristan Taormino to head up the Vivid-Ed imprint whose line has produced several how-to DVD sex guides including "The Expert Guide To Anal Sex," "The Expert Guide to Oral Sex, Part 1: Cunnilingus," "The Expert Guide to Oral Sex, Part 2: Fellatio" and "The Expert Guide to the G-Spot." On April 4, 2008 Vivid Ed's two oral sex instructional titles and director Tristan Taormino received an Emma Award from the Feminist Porn Awards in Toronto, Canada.
- 1987 AVN Award - 'Best Video Feature' for Blame it on Ginger
- 1991 AVN Award - 'Best Vignette Release' for Beat the Heat
- 1992 AVN Award - 'Best Vignette Release' for Scarlet Fantasy
- 1992 AVN Award - 'Top Renting Release of the Year' for The Masseuse
- 1992 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for On Trial
- 1997 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Bobby Sox
- 1998 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Bad Wives
- 2000 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Seven Deadly Sins
- 2002 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Fade To Black
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Top Selling Release of the Year' for Brianna Loves Jenna
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Top Renting Release of the Year' for Brianna Loves Jenna
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Heart of Darkness
- 2005 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for The Masseuse
- 2005 AVN Award - 'Best Video Feature' for Bella Loves Jenna
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for The New Devil in Miss Jones
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Top Renting Release of the Year' for The Masseuse
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Layout
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Best Pro-Am Series' for Filthy's First Taste
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Top Renting Title of the Year – 2007' for Debbie Does Dallas...Again
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Educational Release' for Tristan Taramino's Expert Guide to Oral Sex 2
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Cry Wolf
Vivid Entertainment Filmography
Want your voice to be heard? Submit a review now.