To provide for a more consistent layout for readers of WikiPorno, we use article templates for most destination-style articles. You can use the following templates either to start a new article, or as guidelines for reformatting or adding to existing articles. If you want a rapid way of adding the necessary categories to an article, you should just copy the boilerplate template to an article, press save and all the categories will appear.
- Porn Site Article Template
- MegaSite Article Template
- Porn Star Article Template
- Adult Education Article Template
- Film Article Template
How to use the templates
There are two main ways these article templates can be useful.
- For creating new articles: when you're creating a new article, look for the template that most closely fits the subject of your article. For example, if you're making a new article about a porn star, copy-and-paste the Wiki markup from the porn star article template, and then start adding in the information that you know. Please make sure you remove the instructions (all italicized text); otherwise, it will be confusing for the next editor.
- For editing existing articles: if you want to add a new category to an article, you can refer to the appropriate template to see how it's done. Similarly, if someone else has added in a bunch of stuff to an article, and you want to reorganize it, you can refer to the appropriate template to see how we like to have stuff organized.
Why does every article have to look (about) the same?
We think it's great to have simple, logical sections to each article on WikiPorno. This makes it easier for readers to find the info they need on any particular subject. Sure, it cuts down somewhat on contributors' creative license, but the user comes first around here!